What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- SOUTH AFRICA: 43 circumcision deaths
- FLORIDA: Boy spite-circumcised, has leukaemia, father keeps mother away
- SYDNEY: Botched circumcisions part of child abuse at boy's home
- HELSINKI: Finnish Ombudsman wants male cutting age-restricted
- EASTERN CAPE: Circumcision death toll; 29
- SWAZILAND: More cut men have HIV than whole men
- JOHANNESBURG: Mohel struck off after botch
- TORONTO: Cutting unwanted, baby dies, doctor cautioned
- SYDNEY: Father lied to police about daughter's cutting
- BRUSSELS: No, Europe's cutting concern undiminished
- Young Feminists Against Genital Mutilation of Children
- Man Defends Genital Integrity of Five Sons
- Bloodstained Protest Kaiser Permanete Medical Center
- Proud Grandmother - Daughter Researched and Grandson is Intact
- Epic Bloodstained Men Demonstration - Seattle
- Rosemary's Story: The Painful Dilemma
- Pediatrician - Becoming Aware of Genital Mutilation
- Pediatrician Describes Botched Circumcision & Baby Death
- Pediatrician Explains Leaving the AAP Over Circumcision Policy
- Pediatrician - Impressions of Intactivist Protesters