What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- Washington Daily News Publishes OBGYN Circumcision Misinformation Piece
- Mohel Uses Pride Month to Shamelessly Plug on Facebook
- TikTok Mother Claps Back at “Mom-Shaming” With American Idiocy
- “Doctor at your Door” Facebook User Feels Intactivist Heat
- Jews Circumcising Adopted Children
- Equal Rights for Boys, Girls and Intersexed Children
- USA: Doctors Can Get Away With Circumcising a Child by Mistake
- Daniel Barnz Mocks the French and Intact Men on HBO Max's "Generation"
- The Future of This Blog
- Parallels: Comparing Tattoos and Circumcision
- Interview with Vladislav Sobolev - Hugs Over Masks
- Interview Vladislav Sobolev - Hugs Over Masks
- Vladislav Sobolev - Hugs Over Masks
- No New Normal Protest - Vancouver
- Ted Kuntz - Vancouver Freedom Rally
- A Celebration of Freedom! Vancouver - Sept 13/20
- Equal Rights for Boys
- Save the Next Generation
- Circumcision - Reinforces Harmful Stereotypes
- I Had To Witness A Circumcision
Tag Archives: women
The Swazi Observer reports that a campaign to encourage male circumcision by motivating women to berate and ridicule encourage men to do it has backfired. The intent was to get these women involved with the process … New male circumcision … Continue reading
TWO STUDIES, SAME STORY: Neither women nor men who have sex with men receive benefit from male circumcision
First up is yet another study looking for HIV risk reduction from male circumcision in men who have sex with men. Once again, no such benefit was forthcoming. The relevant language from the abstract: Among men who reported unprotected insertive … Continue reading
AFRICA: Why did Wawer et al. stop the study examining HIV infection among sero-discordant female partners of circumcised men?
A nagging concern has arisen in the wake of a recently published study [PDF] examining HIV infection rates in female partners of HIV-positive, circumcised men. The study, authored by Wawer et al., was stopped early, reportedly due to “futility.” However, valuable information may … Continue reading
Women are dying of AIDS while some researcher bends over his penis, smiles at it fondly, and imagines what little alteration would make it an all-purpose tool safe to use again. Kelly Jean Cogswell reminds us that women need protection … Continue reading
A recent study has shown a 50% increase in HIV infection in the female partners of the recently circumcised. This preliminary data seemed to catch researchers back on their heels as they rushed to assure the world that circumcision is … Continue reading