What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- Washington Daily News Publishes OBGYN Circumcision Misinformation Piece
- Mohel Uses Pride Month to Shamelessly Plug on Facebook
- TikTok Mother Claps Back at “Mom-Shaming” With American Idiocy
- “Doctor at your Door” Facebook User Feels Intactivist Heat
- Jews Circumcising Adopted Children
- Equal Rights for Boys, Girls and Intersexed Children
- USA: Doctors Can Get Away With Circumcising a Child by Mistake
- Daniel Barnz Mocks the French and Intact Men on HBO Max's "Generation"
- The Future of This Blog
- Parallels: Comparing Tattoos and Circumcision
- Interview with Vladislav Sobolev - Hugs Over Masks
- Interview Vladislav Sobolev - Hugs Over Masks
- Vladislav Sobolev - Hugs Over Masks
- No New Normal Protest - Vancouver
- Ted Kuntz - Vancouver Freedom Rally
- A Celebration of Freedom! Vancouver - Sept 13/20
- Equal Rights for Boys
- Save the Next Generation
- Circumcision - Reinforces Harmful Stereotypes
- I Had To Witness A Circumcision
Tag Archives: WHO
On the second day of the International AIDS Society Conference in Rome, we talked to two people in important positions. The two circumcision advocates/program coordinators offered a despairing glimpse into the future on the one hand and offered us hope … Continue reading
In order to effectively slow down the roll-out of male circumcision, it will be necessary to determine a set of crucial points of discussion. The damage that male circumcision causes is gaining a wider audience [see posts from 4/30, 5/2, … Continue reading
RESEARCHERS:: When developing “evidence-based” guidelines, the World Health Organization routinely forgets one key ingredient, evidence
“The problem is that good intentions and plausible theories aren’t sufficient.” – Dr. Andrew Oxman, of the Norwegian Knowledge Centre for Health Services And so it goes, as the late Kurt Vonnegut would have said. Just a few short weeks … Continue reading
Where to begin with this one? The breathlessness is reminiscent of the hysteria surrounding masturbation that caused the circumcision panic in the United States in the late 19th century. Even before making the case, the WHO and UNAIDS spokespersons have … Continue reading
March 6-8 will see a major convention of the world HIV/AIDS organizations to debate the meaning of circumcision. I found the issues outlined in the next page to be particularly compelling. Click through to have a look. Reader comments would … Continue reading