What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
- Oh Shit! Now I Have to Decide About Circumcision
- Before the Parade - Bay Area Intactivists
- Marching in the SF Pride Parade with Bay Area Intactivists
- SF Pride Day Festival - Bay Area Intactivists
- Beavis & Butthead Are Glad They Got Circumcised
- Sexist AAP Doctor Promotes Sexual Mutilation
- Circumvented Discussion - Slippery with a Glimmer of Ethics?
- Physical Integrity - It's A Simple Thing We're Asking
- TRY TO CUT ME NOW YOU FUCKING COWARDS!
- Who Wants to Have a Smaller Penis?
Tag Archives: USA
NHPC 2009: Physicians woefully ignorant of the foreskin, slightly more ignorant of the belief circumcision “prevents” AIDS
[This is a republished post. I do not know why there is no reference for this report or link to a source. It is highly likely that the percentages cited below have changed. NHPC refers to the National HIV Prevention … Continue reading
Study finds no protective effect in gay men from circumcision, so why are the authors still promoting it?
The stock response in the last two decades to the realization that circumcision has little to no value in public health and can be demonstrated to harm newborn males as well as adult sexuality has been to repeat old saws … Continue reading
“We have no idea, so why not?” conclude researchers -or- On being undeterred by inconclusive evidence
Continuing in the vein of biased research in the service of furthering American circumcision, researchers have published an article in PLoS Medicine targeting black and Hispanic men. [I’ve touched upon this article before. However, Aidsmap and the US Centers for … Continue reading