What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- Poetry Corner - Lullaby For the Damned
- Circumcision Documentary Twitter Storm Continues
- Circumcision Documentary Making Waves on Netflix, Twitter
- DETROIT: Federal Ban on FGM Declared Unconstitutional
- Poetry Corner - Song Parody: "My Foreskin Home"
- American Circumcision: A Reaction to a Documentary on Circumcision in America
- Poetry Corner - Haiku
- Eric Clopper Needs Your Help
- Harvard Porn-Shames Employee for Anti-Circumcision Show
- Harvard Censors Intellect for Circumcision Play at Sanders Theatre
- Tallahassee Florida - Day 12 Gulf Coast AAP Circumcision Crisis Protest
- Pensacola Florida - Day 11 Gulf Coast /AAP Circumcision Crisis Protest
- Informed Mother says NO to Doctor Pushing Unethical and Inherently Harmful Surgery (Circumcision)
- Gulfport Mississippi - Day 10 Gulf Coast/AAP Circumcision Crisis Protest
- French Quarter New Orleans LA - Day 9 (Part 2) Circumcision Protest
- New Orleans LA Day 9 Circumcision Crisis Protest
- Baton Rouge LA - Day 8 Circumcision Crisis Protest
- Beaumont Texas - Day 7-Part 2 Circumcision Protest
- Beaumont Texas - Day 7 of 22 day Circumcision Crisis Protest
- Galveston Texas Day 6 - 22 day Gulf Coast/AAP Circumcision Crisis Protest
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
Tag Archives: USA
Businessweek published a brief review of the current debate on infant circumcision yesterday. Not surprisingly, American researchers largely dismiss any concerns while Australian researchers consider the psychological and complication rate more worthy of consideration. A short excerpt: In general, “there … Continue reading
NHPC 2009: Physicians woefully ignorant of the foreskin, slightly more ignorant of the belief circumcision “prevents” AIDS
[This is a republished post. I do not know why there is no reference for this report or link to a source. It is highly likely that the percentages cited below have changed. NHPC refers to the National HIV Prevention … Continue reading
The CDC has issued its latest white paper on circumcision and HIV. The inaccuracies and implausible conclusions show heavy lobbying by pro-circumcision forces working in concert to push their agenda on a governmental public health agency. Let’s take the white … Continue reading
Study finds no protective effect in gay men from circumcision, so why are the authors still promoting it?
The stock response in the last two decades to the realization that circumcision has little to no value in public health and can be demonstrated to harm newborn males as well as adult sexuality has been to repeat old saws … Continue reading