What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
- Wayne Griffiths - Foreskin Restoration & Human Rights
- Marilyn Milos - Children, Genital Autonomy and Human Rights
- "The smaller the boy, the weaker his rights." - Tuomas Kurttila
- Circumcision - A Mother's Deep Regret
- American Circumcision - Visualization to Validation
- American Circumcision - Interviewing Brian Morris
- American Circumcision - Five Years in the Making
- American Circumcision Movie - Telling the Story
- CIRCUMCISION is MEDICAL FRAUD - AFRICANS FIGHT BACK
- Mom Pressured to Circumcise Baby - Very Glad She Didn't
Tag Archives: United States
A careful dissection of a cultural harm.
Assistant Professor of Sociology Lauren Ross tackles the issue of neonatal circumcision in America from the perspective of her discipline. The relevant part for this blog starts at 39:50.
I have said in the past that the sudden upsurge in interest and research in male circumcision as a prophylactic tool in HIV prevention has everything to do with lack of real progress in the area of vaccine research and … Continue reading