What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- Washington Daily News Publishes OBGYN Circumcision Misinformation Piece
- Mohel Uses Pride Month to Shamelessly Plug on Facebook
- TikTok Mother Claps Back at “Mom-Shaming” With American Idiocy
- “Doctor at your Door” Facebook User Feels Intactivist Heat
- Jews Circumcising Adopted Children
- Equal Rights for Boys, Girls and Intersexed Children
- USA: Doctors Can Get Away With Circumcising a Child by Mistake
- Daniel Barnz Mocks the French and Intact Men on HBO Max's "Generation"
- The Future of This Blog
- Parallels: Comparing Tattoos and Circumcision
- Interview with Vladislav Sobolev - Hugs Over Masks
- Interview Vladislav Sobolev - Hugs Over Masks
- Vladislav Sobolev - Hugs Over Masks
- No New Normal Protest - Vancouver
- Ted Kuntz - Vancouver Freedom Rally
- A Celebration of Freedom! Vancouver - Sept 13/20
- Equal Rights for Boys
- Save the Next Generation
- Circumcision - Reinforces Harmful Stereotypes
- I Had To Witness A Circumcision
Tag Archives: South Africa
Turns out the answer is no. A new study published August 1, 2018 in PLoS One suggests that medically circumcised men over 40 carry higher rates of HIV than intact men or men circumcised as part of an initiation ritual … Continue reading
At the International AIDS Society Conference in July, a session was devoted to preparing for success in the PrEP and microbicide trials. One talking head had this to say on getting people to buy into and utilize prevention approaches that … Continue reading
“Opt out” of circumcision at birth? Who exactly is doing the opting? “Thirty years from now we’ll be so glad we did it.” Who will be glad? The government? Surely not the individual who loses his foreskin and still becomes … Continue reading
A very mild caution in a letter to the editor of the New York Times, above the fold. Circumcision and AIDS To the Editor: Re “W.H.O. Urges Circumcision to Reduce Spread of AIDS” (news article, March 29): Male circumcision may … Continue reading
American parents have for years carried on circumcising their infant boys after the major medical organizations had come out against the routine practice in an ambiguous sort of way. In other words, the medical groups punted. Leave it to the … Continue reading