What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- The Benefits of Toe Removal
- Circumcision Status, Lube & Masturbation Twitter Poll Results
- PEPFAR: The Plot Thickens
- BREAKING: PEPFAR To Nix Infant Circumcision in Africa
- International Men's Day Issues: Circumcision
- Twitter "Circumcision Status and Death Grip" Poll Results
- Death Grip and Circumcision: Is There a Correlation?
- Joseph4GI's Twitter Penis Poll Results
- Joseph4GI's Twitter Penis Polls
- When Someone Says It's Not the Money...
- Imagine No Circumcision
- Excellent Explanation of the HUMAN MALE FORESKIN
- Protest Penis Mutilation - University of Arkansas
- Protected Her Baby From Penis Cutting Mother-in-law
- Football, Foreskin & Fun
- Circumcision Protest Was Interesting to See
- Circumcision - My Intuition Knew Better
- Brother K - Ending Genital Mutilation of Children
- Circumcision Harms Parent/Child Relationships
- Protected Her Son - Kept Him Whole
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
Tag Archives: San Francisco
In the kaleidiscope of pro-intact, anti-circumcision activism, or intactivism, the opportunities to influence the debate, the community and the parents of the children we are trying to protect are varied and straightforward. However, there can be perils, too. Whenever one … Continue reading
In the six years I have joined the Bay Area Intactivists participating in the San Francisco Pride parade, the worst reaction to our presence I have ever seen along the parade route was subdued disapproval. Never shouting. No name-calling. Certainly … Continue reading
Judge Loretta Giorgi of the Superior Court in San Francisco ruled against the SFMGMBill.org ballot initiative as was expected from her tentative ruling the day before. In addition, she ruled that the Doctors Opposing Circumcision Amicus Curiae brief was untimely … Continue reading
There is still more to come on the IAS 2011 conference in Rome. Stay tuned. Meanwhile, the video below was captured at the San Francisco Pride Festival this year. This one goes from an Auschwitz survivor angrily turning over the … Continue reading
Perhaps it shouldn’t be surprising that a magazine with its origins in Britain, a largely intact country, would take a sober and objective look at the San Francisco circumcision ballot measure. The Economist correctly concludes, “Whatever the fate of his proposed … Continue reading