What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
- Our First Intactivist Protest
- Circumcision: A Mother's Apology - 4 Years Later
- Doctor Repairs FGM and Supports Genital Integrity for ALL Children
- Sexual Pleasure & Circumcision Harm
- Circumciser and Brainwashed Women Ridicule Male Sexual Anatomy
- Forced Retraction Harms Boys
- Woman Bleeds From Sex With Circumcised Man
- Wayne Griffiths - Foreskin Restoration & Human Rights
- Marilyn Milos - Children, Genital Autonomy and Human Rights
- "The smaller the boy, the weaker his rights." - Tuomas Kurttila
Tag Archives: San Francisco
In the kaleidiscope of pro-intact, anti-circumcision activism, or intactivism, the opportunities to influence the debate, the community and the parents of the children we are trying to protect are varied and straightforward. However, there can be perils, too. Whenever one … Continue reading
Judge Loretta Giorgi of the Superior Court in San Francisco ruled against the SFMGMBill.org ballot initiative as was expected from her tentative ruling the day before. In addition, she ruled that the Doctors Opposing Circumcision Amicus Curiae brief was untimely … Continue reading
There is still more to come on the IAS 2011 conference in Rome. Stay tuned. Meanwhile, the video below was captured at the San Francisco Pride Festival this year. This one goes from an Auschwitz survivor angrily turning over the … Continue reading
Perhaps it shouldn’t be surprising that a magazine with its origins in Britain, a largely intact country, would take a sober and objective look at the San Francisco circumcision ballot measure. The Economist correctly concludes, “Whatever the fate of his proposed … Continue reading
It’s rather curious that even the experts are confused about the implications of the three African studies being used to build a case for male circumcision. The San Francisco Bay Times recently published an “analysis” piece by Stephen J. Fallon, … Continue reading