What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- Circumcision Documentary Twitter Storm Continues
- Circumcision Documentary Making Waves on Netflix, Twitter
- DETROIT: Federal Ban on FGM Declared Unconstitutional
- Poetry Corner - Song Parody: "My Foreskin Home"
- American Circumcision: A Reaction to a Documentary on Circumcision in America
- Poetry Corner - Haiku
- Eric Clopper Needs Your Help
- Harvard Porn-Shames Employee for Anti-Circumcision Show
- Harvard Censors Intellect for Circumcision Play at Sanders Theatre
- Poetry Corner - Poor Little Guy
- Gulfport Mississippi - Day 10 Gulf Coast/AAP Circumcision Crisis Protest
- French Quarter New Orleans LA - Day 9 (Part 2) Circumcision Protest
- New Orleans LA Day 9 Circumcision Crisis Protest
- Baton Rouge LA - Day 8 Circumcision Crisis Protest
- Beaumont Texas - Day 7-Part 2 Circumcision Protest
- Beaumont Texas - Day 7 of 22 day Circumcision Crisis Protest
- Galveston Texas Day 6 - 22 day Gulf Coast/AAP Circumcision Crisis Protest
- Vagina Loves Foreskin Gliding
- Family Heritage - Penis Mutilation & Botched Circumcision
- Corpus Christi, Texas - Day 5 - Gulf Coast / AAP Circumcision Crisis Protest
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
Tag Archives: public health
AMERICAN JOURNAL OF PREVENTIVE MEDICINE: Male Circumcision and HIV Prevention: Insufficient Evidence and Neglected External Validity
The American Journal of Preventive Medicine has recently published a discussion on the “external validity” of the three African randomized control trials that examined circumcision as a preventive measure for HIV infection. The nutshell version of this discussion is that … Continue reading
[Edit: It appears Marie Stopes International is no longer in the circumcision business. But the video described here is still available on the organization’s YouTube channel.] A number of readers have emailed me with a tip that Marie Stopes International … Continue reading
CDC: Responding to criticism, CDC says final circumcision recommendations will be completely voluntary.
Evidence of the great confusion the CDC is causing around the world is beginning to trickle in. The Australian morning program Sunrise [article removed] aired a debate between one Dr. George Williams and the rabid (non-doctor) Brian Morris on the issue … Continue reading
It appears Thomas R. Friedan will be the next CDC head. Senate confirmation is not required for Friedan to assume the position of director. You may remember Friedan from his premature statements following the release of the African circumcision trials. … Continue reading
A couple of weeks ago, this site contacted the University of California, San Francisco, HIV InSite, to request an interview with someone in the organization to discuss the UNAIDS and WHO recommendations on male circumcision. I got no response. However, … Continue reading