What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- ITALY: Yet Another Circumcision Death
- Poetry Corner - To Me
- Poetry Corner - Circumcision Scar
- Poetry Corner - Lullaby For the Damned
- Circumcision Documentary Twitter Storm Continues
- Circumcision Documentary Making Waves on Netflix, Twitter
- DETROIT: Federal Ban on FGM Declared Unconstitutional
- Poetry Corner - Song Parody: "My Foreskin Home"
- American Circumcision: A Reaction to a Documentary on Circumcision in America
- Poetry Corner - Haiku
- American Couple Researched & Kept Their Son Whole
- Are Baby Boys Free & Equal Citizens?
- Mother Protects Son From Adamant Cutting Father
- No One Deserves to be Mutilated as an Infant
- The Bloodstained Men Meet Cutter Granny
- Babies are Fragile and Precious
- British Woman Knows - Circumcision is Genital Mutilation
- Cutting Infant Genitals is a Sex Crime
- Angela - Portrait of an Ethical Nurse
- Intactivists Educate Doctors at ACOG
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
Tag Archives: public health policy
Objective minds predicted this outcome long before any on-the-ground examination was carried out. The reality is male circumcision is making things worse. New HIV/Aids Messages Worsening HIV Situation A new report by PANOS Eastern Africa [dead link] has shown that new … Continue reading
Study finds no protective effect in gay men from circumcision, so why are the authors still promoting it?
The stock response in the last two decades to the realization that circumcision has little to no value in public health and can be demonstrated to harm newborn males as well as adult sexuality has been to repeat old saws … Continue reading
What if it turned out that the AIDS epidemic was not as bad as previously thought? What would be the appropriate reaction? What if your interest in the HIV/AIDS epidemic was in some discovery that you believed would reduce the … Continue reading
I don’t normally like to tread ground already covered elsewhere. However, I think it bears noting and repeating that Belarus last month rejected circumcision. You can read about it here. It is a bit of a mystery to me why some … Continue reading
“Opt out” of circumcision at birth? Who exactly is doing the opting? “Thirty years from now we’ll be so glad we did it.” Who will be glad? The government? Surely not the individual who loses his foreskin and still becomes … Continue reading