What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- American Circumcision: A Reaction to a Documentary on Circumcision in America
- Poetry Corner - Haiku
- Eric Clopper Needs Your Help
- Harvard Porn-Shames Employee for Anti-Circumcision Show
- Harvard Censors Intellect for Circumcision Play at Sanders Theatre
- Poetry Corner - Poor Little Guy
- Latest Pro-Circumcision Dismission Tactic: Accusations of "Mansplaining"
- ICELAND: Parliament May Cave to Pressure to Call Off Circumcision Restrictions
- Happy International Women’s Day Marilyn Milos
- CIRCUMCISION LEGISLATION: An Alternative to a Ban?
- Cutting the Genitals of Children Violates the Canadian Charter of Rights & Freedoms
- Childhood Genital Cutting and Religious Freedom: Where to Draw the Line?
- Circumcision - A Lifetime of Study
- Bloodstained Men - Zero Violence Against Children
- American Circumcision - Movie Review
- End Blood Rituals - metzitzah b’peh
- Medically Unnecessary Circumcision of a Boy as an Assault
- Dr. Antony Lempert - Ripples Across the Pond
- Genital Autonomy and the World - Steven Svoboda
- Frontline and Online: Intactivist Strategies of Resistance - Brother K
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
Tag Archives: penis
This week, one Mark Joseph Stern went on a rant in Slate.com, accusing intactivists of being a “fringe group” that is “drowning out any discussion of facts.” His piece is titled “How Circumcision Broke the Internet.” Of course, the reality … Continue reading
The Vancouver Pride Society has withdrawn its permission to allow intactivists to occupy a slot in this year’s parade. At the official unveiling of a city resolution in recognition of the Pride celebration, intactivists showed up to demonstrate and demand … Continue reading
In the kaleidiscope of pro-intact, anti-circumcision activism, or intactivism, the opportunities to influence the debate, the community and the parents of the children we are trying to protect are varied and straightforward. However, there can be perils, too. Whenever one … Continue reading
Glen Callender loves his foreskin. I love the size of his balls. Wow! Thanks, Glen, for sticking it to The Woman!