What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- Joseph4GI's Twitter Penis Poll Results
- Joseph4GI's Twitter Penis Polls
- When Someone Says It's Not the Money...
- Update 2019
- Facebook Censoring Intactivism
- FLORIDA: AdventHealth Uses Circumcision as Incentive for Heart of Florida Maternity Patients
- Poetry Corner - Mutilation
- Poetry Corner - What Say Ye? Oh Doctor?
- ITALY: Yet Another Circumcision Death
- Poetry Corner - To Me
- Brother K - Ending Genital Mutilation of Children
- Circumcision Harms Parent/Child Relationships
- Protected Her Son - Kept Him Whole
- Circumutilation For Dummies - Men Don't Hygiene As Well
- I Chose to End the Cycle & Keep My Babies Whole
- ALL Babies Are Born Perfect!
- Ethical Nurse - Conscientious Objector Infant Circumcision
- Is the Circumcision of Children a Fraud? - Peter W. Adler, J.D., M.A.
- Anti-Circumcision Protest Denver
- Why Are We Doing This To Our Boys?
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
Tag Archives: msm
AIDS PATIENT CARE AND STDS Vol 24 Issue 8: Circumcised men who have sex with men may be more susceptible to HIV acquisition
The latest study to suss out the impact of circumcision on rates of HIV acquisition among gay men has provided some important insights. The general conclusion to be drawn is that the failure to show a statistical difference between circumcised … Continue reading
TWO STUDIES, SAME STORY: Neither women nor men who have sex with men receive benefit from male circumcision
First up is yet another study looking for HIV risk reduction from male circumcision in men who have sex with men. Once again, no such benefit was forthcoming. The relevant language from the abstract: Among men who reported unprotected insertive … Continue reading
The New York Times is reporting on a new study to be published Wednesday in The Journal of the American Medical Association. The work reviewed the results of 15 separate studies conducted in eight countries which included nearly 54,000 men. … Continue reading
A new study has once again shown that circumcision as a strategy to prevent homosexually acquired HIV is essentially useless. The new paper was presented at the 20th annual Australasian Society for HIV Medicine conference the week of the 14th. … Continue reading
Follow the link for a more detailed summary of the recent study that found no protective effect from circumcision in gay men. One confounding statement the study authors make, paraphrased here: Although two previous US studies examining the relationship between … Continue reading