What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- FACEBOOK: Another Circumcision Death Surfaces
- Intactivist Attorney Found Shot Dead at his California Home
- Twitter Bans Award-Winning Circumcision Documentary Filmmaker
- Commedians Openly Criticising Circumcision
- Nurse Shames a Mom for Not Having Son Circumcised
- The Coronavirus and the Complexity of the Intactivist Movement
- RETURNING GUEST AUTHOR: COVID-19 Opportunity - A Call to Action
- New Educational Film On Circumcision Makes the Scene
- CORONAVIRUS: Elective Surgery Including Infant Circumcision Being Delayed
- DETROIT: FGM Now Legal in US
- Equal Rights for Boys
- Save the Next Generation
- Circumcision - Reinforces Harmful Stereotypes
- I Had To Witness A Circumcision
- Circumcision: Trauma, Psychological Effects, Cultural Beliefs
- Circumcision: Cultural & Media Bias, Long-term Psychological Effects
- Reliving Circumcision: Disruption of Infant Mother Bond, Effects on Relationships
- Circumcision: Taking Action, Cultural Denial and Media Censorship
- Jewish Circumcision Ritual and Jews Who Say No
- Circumcision: Trauma as Motivating Factor and Avoidance of Debate
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
Tag Archives: men
AIDS PATIENT CARE AND STDS Vol 24 Issue 8: Circumcised men who have sex with men may be more susceptible to HIV acquisition
The latest study to suss out the impact of circumcision on rates of HIV acquisition among gay men has provided some important insights. The general conclusion to be drawn is that the failure to show a statistical difference between circumcised … Continue reading
Study finds no protective effect in gay men from circumcision, so why are the authors still promoting it?
The stock response in the last two decades to the realization that circumcision has little to no value in public health and can be demonstrated to harm newborn males as well as adult sexuality has been to repeat old saws … Continue reading