What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
- Wayne Griffiths - Foreskin Restoration & Human Rights
- Marilyn Milos - Children, Genital Autonomy and Human Rights
- "The smaller the boy, the weaker his rights." - Tuomas Kurttila
- Circumcision - A Mother's Deep Regret
- American Circumcision - Visualization to Validation
- American Circumcision - Interviewing Brian Morris
- American Circumcision - Five Years in the Making
- American Circumcision Movie - Telling the Story
- CIRCUMCISION is MEDICAL FRAUD - AFRICANS FIGHT BACK
- Mom Pressured to Circumcise Baby - Very Glad She Didn't
Tag Archives: intactivism
This week, one Mark Joseph Stern went on a rant in Slate.com, accusing intactivists of being a “fringe group” that is “drowning out any discussion of facts.” His piece is titled “How Circumcision Broke the Internet.” Of course, the reality … Continue reading
The Vancouver Pride Society has withdrawn its permission to allow intactivists to occupy a slot in this year’s parade. At the official unveiling of a city resolution in recognition of the Pride celebration, intactivists showed up to demonstrate and demand … Continue reading
I had really good intentions of writing up something lengthy and thoughtful about the German court decision adjudging circumcision of helpless children assault. I intended to write something up on the Intact America/NOCIRC/Genital Autonomy conference in Finland next month. I … Continue reading
Travis Wisdom is continuing his academic studies at Keele University. I’ve met him a couple of times. He’s an intellect to be reckoned with and is already a force in the intactivism community despite his relative newcomer status.