What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- The Future of This Blog
- Parallels: Comparing Tattoos and Circumcision
- Straight From Facebook: Inside the Circumcision Room
- Parallels of Opposition to the Metric System and Male Intactness in America
- The Crimson Joins Harvard in Filing "Motion to Dismiss"
- Harvard Responds to Eric Clopper with a "Motion to Dismiss"
- September 2020 in a Nutshell
- Must-See Video on YouTube Regarding Normalization
- AFRICA: Two Boys Die Post-Circumcision Despite Thoughts and Prayers
- FACEBOOK: Another Hemorrhaging Baby Post-Circumcision
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
Tag Archives: informed consent
New research published in the British Journal of Urology appears to demonstrate the damage to sexual function and sensitivity caused by circumcision. This new information will likely nix any idea of circumcision in the average consumer of cosmetic procedures. It … Continue reading →
Informed consent is a concept with a relatively recent history in Western medical practice. In the United States, it grew from a number of court cases from the 1950s that dealt with consent in the context of medical mistakes. If … Continue reading →
A recent study to be published in an as yet undisclosed British journal sometime in February of 2007 reportedly shows that 20% of men experienced reduced sexual satisfaction while 6% reported greater satisfaction and 74% reported no difference. One area … Continue reading →
In most cases, informed consent in male circumcision is unlikely and complicated by the cultural and sociological setting where myths are common and understanding of the risks is low or unacknowledged by the proponents. A major concern in any HIV prevention tool that involves … Continue reading →