What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- ITALY: Yet Another Circumcision Death
- Poetry Corner - To Me
- Poetry Corner - Circumcision Scar
- Poetry Corner - Lullaby For the Damned
- Circumcision Documentary Twitter Storm Continues
- Circumcision Documentary Making Waves on Netflix, Twitter
- DETROIT: Federal Ban on FGM Declared Unconstitutional
- Poetry Corner - Song Parody: "My Foreskin Home"
- American Circumcision: A Reaction to a Documentary on Circumcision in America
- Poetry Corner - Haiku
- Bloodstained Protest Provokes Thought
- Non-binary Parent - Intact Son
- Bloodstained Men - Addressing the ETHICAL Doctors of the AAP
- Sexual Abuse of Children - Circumcision
- Slice Bagels - NOT Penises
- Nursing, Circumcision & War!
- Freedom of Assembly - Freedom of Association - Freedom of Speech
- Women Wearing the Bloodstain & Rico's Story
- Does Genital Cutting Enthusiast Douglas Diekema have PTSD?
- If I Don't Speak Up Nobody Else Might
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
Tag Archives: human rights
Who can decline a card from a child? Brings a tear to my eye …
ATTORNEYS FOR THE RIGHTS OF THE CHILD: Charleston Debate Marks Turning Point in Movement to Recognize Circumcision as a Human Rights Violation
(Reprinted directly from ARCLaw.org with permission.) The Twentieth Pitts Lectureship in Medical Ethics at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, South Carolina, held on October 18-19, 2013, marked an awesome team win that activists for genital integrity were … Continue reading
UPDATE: Florida Today has published an obituary. The last time I saw Van Lewis, I had driven him to the Caltrain depot in San Francisco from Marilyn Milos’s place in the North Bay after she hosted a celebration following the … Continue reading
As a lawyer, I had to post this discussion by J. Steven Svoboda of the Attorneys for the Rights of the Child. I’ve always dreamed of a law practice where the focus is on helping victims of coerced or substandard … Continue reading
The Telegraph reports that a lecturer in ethics at Glasgow University has published a paper in the journal Clinical Ethics, arguing that it is unethical to circumcise boys for no medical reason. Dr. David Shaw writes that a doctor who performs … Continue reading