What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
- Daughter of Circumcising Doctor Exposes Crimes Against Children
- Book Discussion - Circumcision: The Hidden Trauma
- Protest Medical Fraud & Child Abuse at Oshiro Pediatrics
- Forced Circumcision is a Gay Rights /Sexual Rights Issue
- Bellingham Bloodstained Men Demonstration
- Circumcision: A Boy's Perspective
- Botched Infant Circumcision - A Victim Speaks
- A Message for Parents-To-Be from Dr. George Denniston
- Oh Shit! Now I Have to Decide About Circumcision
- Before the Parade - Bay Area Intactivists
Tag Archives: human rights
Who can decline a card from a child? Brings a tear to my eye …
ATTORNEYS FOR THE RIGHTS OF THE CHILD: Charleston Debate Marks Turning Point in Movement to Recognize Circumcision as a Human Rights Violation
(Reprinted directly from ARCLaw.org with permission.) The Twentieth Pitts Lectureship in Medical Ethics at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, South Carolina, held on October 18-19, 2013, marked an awesome team win that activists for genital integrity were … Continue reading
UPDATE: Florida Today has published an obituary. The last time I saw Van Lewis, I had driven him to the Caltrain depot in San Francisco from Marilyn Milos’s place in the North Bay after she hosted a celebration following the … Continue reading
The Telegraph reports that a lecturer in ethics at Glasgow University has published a paper in the journal Clinical Ethics, arguing that it is unethical to circumcise boys for no medical reason. Dr. David Shaw writes that a doctor who performs … Continue reading
Reports of the African studies continue to pop up in the nation’s media, months after the original news. Michael Gerson’s report in the Washington Post on June 1, 2007, A Surgical Strike Against AIDS, is full of controversial statements. In … Continue reading