What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- CORONAVIRUS: Elective Surgery Including Infant Circumcision Being Delayed
- DETROIT: FGM Now Legal in US
- The State of Affairs for Joseph4gi
- Twitter Censoring Joseph4GI
- The Benefits of Toe Removal
- Circumcision Status, Lube & Masturbation Twitter Poll Results
- PEPFAR: The Plot Thickens
- BREAKING: PEPFAR To Nix Infant Circumcision in Africa
- International Men's Day Issues: Circumcision
- Twitter "Circumcision Status and Death Grip" Poll Results
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
Tag Archives: gay
In the six years I have joined the Bay Area Intactivists participating in the San Francisco Pride parade, the worst reaction to our presence I have ever seen along the parade route was subdued disapproval. Never shouting. No name-calling. Certainly … Continue reading
On the second day of the conference (as mentioned in an earlier post), we encountered a group of young Ugandan men who said they were researchers in the Rakai, Uganda, circumcision RCT. The self-assured, self-appointed spokesman for this group made … Continue reading
There is still more to come on the IAS 2011 conference in Rome. Stay tuned. Meanwhile, the video below was captured at the San Francisco Pride Festival this year. This one goes from an Auschwitz survivor angrily turning over the … Continue reading
AIDS PATIENT CARE AND STDS Vol 24 Issue 8: Circumcised men who have sex with men may be more susceptible to HIV acquisition
The latest study to suss out the impact of circumcision on rates of HIV acquisition among gay men has provided some important insights. The general conclusion to be drawn is that the failure to show a statistical difference between circumcised … Continue reading
TWO STUDIES, SAME STORY: Neither women nor men who have sex with men receive benefit from male circumcision
First up is yet another study looking for HIV risk reduction from male circumcision in men who have sex with men. Once again, no such benefit was forthcoming. The relevant language from the abstract: Among men who reported unprotected insertive … Continue reading