What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- ITALY: Yet Another Circumcision Death
- Poetry Corner - To Me
- Poetry Corner - Circumcision Scar
- Poetry Corner - Lullaby For the Damned
- Circumcision Documentary Twitter Storm Continues
- Circumcision Documentary Making Waves on Netflix, Twitter
- DETROIT: Federal Ban on FGM Declared Unconstitutional
- Poetry Corner - Song Parody: "My Foreskin Home"
- American Circumcision: A Reaction to a Documentary on Circumcision in America
- Poetry Corner - Haiku
- American Couple Researched & Kept Their Son Whole
- Are Baby Boys Free & Equal Citizens?
- Mother Protects Son From Adamant Cutting Father
- No One Deserves to be Mutilated as an Infant
- The Bloodstained Men Meet Cutter Granny
- Babies are Fragile and Precious
- British Woman Knows - Circumcision is Genital Mutilation
- Cutting Infant Genitals is a Sex Crime
- Angela - Portrait of an Ethical Nurse
- Intactivists Educate Doctors at ACOG
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
Tag Archives: foreskin
Travis Wisdom writes via ARC: Friends, it’s with great sadness that I’d like to inform you all that Paul Mason, Chair of the Australasian Institute for Genital Autonomy, and Former Children’s Commissioner of Tasmania, died last night. Paul was a … Continue reading
Eight reasons why vaccination is not like circumcision: Vaccination confers immunity against specific diseases; even if the extravagant claims of its advocates were correct, circumcision could do no more than reduce the risk (and not by much). Nobody will become … Continue reading
Foregen is an organization attempting to pioneer regenerative techniques to be applied to foreskin restoration. They recently completed their first experiments. foregen is currently working with scientists at the University of Bologna’s School of Veterinary Medicine in Italy to fully … Continue reading
This week, one Mark Joseph Stern went on a rant in Slate.com, accusing intactivists of being a “fringe group” that is “drowning out any discussion of facts.” His piece is titled “How Circumcision Broke the Internet.” Of course, the reality … Continue reading