What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- Facebook Censoring Intactivism
- FLORIDA: AdventHealth Uses Circumcision as Incentive for Heart of Florida Maternity Patients
- Poetry Corner - Mutilation
- Poetry Corner - What Say Ye? Oh Doctor?
- ITALY: Yet Another Circumcision Death
- Poetry Corner - To Me
- Poetry Corner - Circumcision Scar
- Poetry Corner - Lullaby For the Damned
- Circumcision Documentary Twitter Storm Continues
- Circumcision Documentary Making Waves on Netflix, Twitter
- Restoration Activism Healing
- Circumcision Regret Mother - Intactivist Daughter
- This Jewish Man Hates Being Cut
- Who Mutilates the Genitals of Children? Briana Oster - Precision Medical Solutions
- Becoming Informed About Circumcision
- Botched Circumcision - I'm Always Concerned About It
- Circumcision Psychosexual Wounding of Children
- Intact Men in a Penis Cutting Culture
- Baby Boy Nearly Bleeds to Death From Penis Cutting (Circumcision)
- Sugar Water & Nude Men in the Tenderloin
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
Tag Archives: female circumcision
In order to effectively slow down the roll-out of male circumcision, it will be necessary to determine a set of crucial points of discussion. The damage that male circumcision causes is gaining a wider audience [see posts from 4/30, 5/2, … Continue reading
In an astounding development, counterpunch.org published an article on Friday that discussed the politics of neonatal circumcision in America. What’s astounding is that this topic has been bouncing around select progressive groups for years. The perennial question has always been, … Continue reading
This is the abstract from a paper that appeared in the Annals of Epidemiology. Sorry I don’t have the full pdf. The main point is that circumcision itself is a vector for the transmission of HIV in limited resource settings … Continue reading
A common fear expressed by UNAIDS and WHO regarding male circumcision has been that the procedure will spread infection both directly through contaminated instruments and by “risk disihibition” – men thinking circumcision has made them immune. This article summarizes recent … Continue reading
The time has come (perhaps has been here a while) to look at influencing the debate viz. the use of male circumcision in HIV prevention. Obviously, this blog has held a skeptical view of male circumcision from the beginning. This … Continue reading