What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- Washington Daily News Publishes OBGYN Circumcision Misinformation Piece
- Mohel Uses Pride Month to Shamelessly Plug on Facebook
- TikTok Mother Claps Back at “Mom-Shaming” With American Idiocy
- “Doctor at your Door” Facebook User Feels Intactivist Heat
- Jews Circumcising Adopted Children
- Equal Rights for Boys, Girls and Intersexed Children
- USA: Doctors Can Get Away With Circumcising a Child by Mistake
- Daniel Barnz Mocks the French and Intact Men on HBO Max's "Generation"
- The Future of This Blog
- Parallels: Comparing Tattoos and Circumcision
- Interview with Vladislav Sobolev - Hugs Over Masks
- Interview Vladislav Sobolev - Hugs Over Masks
- Vladislav Sobolev - Hugs Over Masks
- No New Normal Protest - Vancouver
- Ted Kuntz - Vancouver Freedom Rally
- A Celebration of Freedom! Vancouver - Sept 13/20
- Equal Rights for Boys
- Save the Next Generation
- Circumcision - Reinforces Harmful Stereotypes
- I Had To Witness A Circumcision
Tag Archives: female circumcision
In order to effectively slow down the roll-out of male circumcision, it will be necessary to determine a set of crucial points of discussion. The damage that male circumcision causes is gaining a wider audience [see posts from 4/30, 5/2, … Continue reading
In an astounding development, counterpunch.org published an article on Friday that discussed the politics of neonatal circumcision in America. What’s astounding is that this topic has been bouncing around select progressive groups for years. The perennial question has always been, … Continue reading
This is the abstract from a paper that appeared in the Annals of Epidemiology. Sorry I don’t have the full pdf. The main point is that circumcision itself is a vector for the transmission of HIV in limited resource settings … Continue reading
A common fear expressed by UNAIDS and WHO regarding male circumcision has been that the procedure will spread infection both directly through contaminated instruments and by “risk disihibition” – men thinking circumcision has made them immune. This article summarizes recent … Continue reading
The time has come (perhaps has been here a while) to look at influencing the debate viz. the use of male circumcision in HIV prevention. Obviously, this blog has held a skeptical view of male circumcision from the beginning. This … Continue reading