What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
- Young Woman: Not Appropriate to Cut Infants
- 🎂 Happy 70th Birthday Brother K! 🍰🍷🎈
- Pediatric Neonatologist Supports Intactivist Protest of AAP
- Pediatrician Praises Intactivist Protest of AAP
- The Sexual Nature of the Foreskin: A Young Man's Experience
- Circumciser has Circular Excuses for Cutting Children
- CIRCUM-MUTILATION - CIRCUM-RAGE!
- AAP Task Force Circumcision Medical Fraud
- AAP Protest with Franny Max and the Bloodstained Men
- Circumcision Regret Dad & Intactivist Daughter
Tag Archives: child abuse
Who can decline a card from a child? Brings a tear to my eye …
The Bay Area Intactivists gives the American Academy of Pediatrics its SHAME Award in recognition of the AAP’s new pro-genital cutting policy statement. And then sad hilarity ensues.
There is no better or more concise take down of the AAP’s new (but not new) policy on circumcision of unconsenting male children. Or if there is, I haven’t seen it. Check it out. “Bottom line: the AAP does not recommend [routine] … Continue reading