What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- The Future of This Blog
- Parallels: Comparing Tattoos and Circumcision
- Straight From Facebook: Inside the Circumcision Room
- Parallels of Opposition to the Metric System and Male Intactness in America
- The Crimson Joins Harvard in Filing "Motion to Dismiss"
- Harvard Responds to Eric Clopper with a "Motion to Dismiss"
- September 2020 in a Nutshell
- Must-See Video on YouTube Regarding Normalization
- AFRICA: Two Boys Die Post-Circumcision Despite Thoughts and Prayers
- FACEBOOK: Another Hemorrhaging Baby Post-Circumcision
- Interview with Vladislav Sobolev - Hugs Over Masks
- Interview Vladislav Sobolev - Hugs Over Masks
- Vladislav Sobolev - Hugs Over Masks
- No New Normal Protest - Vancouver
- Ted Kuntz - Vancouver Freedom Rally
- A Celebration of Freedom! Vancouver - Sept 13/20
- Equal Rights for Boys
- Save the Next Generation
- Circumcision - Reinforces Harmful Stereotypes
- I Had To Witness A Circumcision
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
Tag Archives: CDC
As the United States starts to fall in line with the rest of the world viz neonatal circumcision, many would like to see the trend reversed. The stats delivered at the AIDS 2010 conference in Vienna, purportedly from the CDC, … Continue reading
Occasionally, we get evidence that all of Uganda isn’t sold on the idea of male circumcision. Some do question the advocates of yet another outsider-advanced intervention. That’s what you wanted [salon.com book review removed], isn’t it, Helen Epstein? Funny how Ms … Continue reading
At the International AIDS Society Conference in July, a session was devoted to preparing for success in the PrEP and microbicide trials. One talking head had this to say on getting people to buy into and utilize prevention approaches that … Continue reading
CDC: Responding to criticism, CDC says final circumcision recommendations will be completely voluntary.
Evidence of the great confusion the CDC is causing around the world is beginning to trickle in. The Australian morning program Sunrise [article removed] aired a debate between one Dr. George Williams and the rabid (non-doctor) Brian Morris on the issue … Continue reading
Above, David Llewellyn and Georganne Chapin speak with attendees at the 2009 National HIV Prevention Conference in Atlanta,Georgia, held August 23-26, 2009. From David Llewellyn, Esq.: This week I attended the CDC sponsored 2009 National HIV Prevention Conference in Atlanta, … Continue reading