What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
- Oh Shit! Now I Have to Decide About Circumcision
- Before the Parade - Bay Area Intactivists
- Marching in the SF Pride Parade with Bay Area Intactivists
- SF Pride Day Festival - Bay Area Intactivists
- Beavis & Butthead Are Glad They Got Circumcised
- Sexist AAP Doctor Promotes Sexual Mutilation
- Circumvented Discussion - Slippery with a Glimmer of Ethics?
- Physical Integrity - It's A Simple Thing We're Asking
- TRY TO CUT ME NOW YOU FUCKING COWARDS!
- Who Wants to Have a Smaller Penis?
Tag Archives: CDC
At the International AIDS Society Conference in July, a session was devoted to preparing for success in the PrEP and microbicide trials. One talking head had this to say on getting people to buy into and utilize prevention approaches that … Continue reading
Above, David Llewellyn and Georganne Chapin speak with attendees at the 2009 National HIV Prevention Conference in Atlanta,Georgia, held August 23-26, 2009. From David Llewellyn, Esq.: This week I attended the CDC sponsored 2009 National HIV Prevention Conference in Atlanta, … Continue reading
NHPC 2009: Physicians woefully ignorant of the foreskin, slightly more ignorant of the belief circumcision “prevents” AIDS
[This is a republished post. I do not know why there is no reference for this report or link to a source. It is highly likely that the percentages cited below have changed. NHPC refers to the National HIV Prevention … Continue reading
The New York Times is reporting on a new study to be published Wednesday in The Journal of the American Medical Association. The work reviewed the results of 15 separate studies conducted in eight countries which included nearly 54,000 men. … Continue reading
An object lesson, perhaps first pioneered in the case of infant circumcision and largely still unrecognized in that area, has recently gotten some attention in the media. Advocates for research funds in any disease obviously play politics to get it, … Continue reading