What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- Facebook Censoring Intactivism
- FLORIDA: AdventHealth Uses Circumcision as Incentive for Heart of Florida Maternity Patients
- Poetry Corner - Mutilation
- Poetry Corner - What Say Ye? Oh Doctor?
- ITALY: Yet Another Circumcision Death
- Poetry Corner - To Me
- Poetry Corner - Circumcision Scar
- Poetry Corner - Lullaby For the Damned
- Circumcision Documentary Twitter Storm Continues
- Circumcision Documentary Making Waves on Netflix, Twitter
- Restoration Activism Healing
- Circumcision Regret Mother - Intactivist Daughter
- This Jewish Man Hates Being Cut
- Who Mutilates the Genitals of Children? Briana Oster - Precision Medical Solutions
- Becoming Informed About Circumcision
- Botched Circumcision - I'm Always Concerned About It
- Circumcision Psychosexual Wounding of Children
- Intact Men in a Penis Cutting Culture
- Baby Boy Nearly Bleeds to Death From Penis Cutting (Circumcision)
- Sugar Water & Nude Men in the Tenderloin
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
Tag Archives: Australia
When considering routine infant circumcision, ethical concerns have focused on recognition of the functional role of the foreskin, the non-therapeutic nature of the operation, and the psychological distress felt by some adult males circumcised as infants. The possibility that routine … Continue reading
NOTE: This is a republished “best of” post from 2009. Unfortunately, not all of the links are still live. Sorry about that. Excellent analysis of the latter article below is available from the Intactivism Pages. HIV and circumcision share one … Continue reading
A new study has once again shown that circumcision as a strategy to prevent homosexually acquired HIV is essentially useless. The new paper was presented at the 20th annual Australasian Society for HIV Medicine conference the week of the 14th. … Continue reading
The Australian Federation of AIDS Organisations has issued a briefing paper (pdf) with the telling headline, “Male circumcision has no role in the Australian AIDS epidemic.” Among the key points are: There is no demonstrated benefit of circumcision in men who … Continue reading
But not content with these results, the authors conclude, “More studies, please.” Edit: Aidsmap has an excellent summary of the study and one other study showing Peruvian gay men would be willing to be test subjects for a future circumcision … Continue reading