What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
- Daughter of Circumcising Doctor Exposes Crimes Against Children
- Book Discussion - Circumcision: The Hidden Trauma
- Protest Medical Fraud & Child Abuse at Oshiro Pediatrics
- Forced Circumcision is a Gay Rights /Sexual Rights Issue
- Bellingham Bloodstained Men Demonstration
- Circumcision: A Boy's Perspective
- Botched Infant Circumcision - A Victim Speaks
- A Message for Parents-To-Be from Dr. George Denniston
- Oh Shit! Now I Have to Decide About Circumcision
- Before the Parade - Bay Area Intactivists
Tag Archives: AIDS
Eight reasons why vaccination is not like circumcision: Vaccination confers immunity against specific diseases; even if the extravagant claims of its advocates were correct, circumcision could do no more than reduce the risk (and not by much). Nobody will become … Continue reading
ATTORNEYS FOR THE RIGHTS OF THE CHILD: Charleston Debate Marks Turning Point in Movement to Recognize Circumcision as a Human Rights Violation
(Reprinted directly from ARCLaw.org with permission.) The Twentieth Pitts Lectureship in Medical Ethics at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, South Carolina, held on October 18-19, 2013, marked an awesome team win that activists for genital integrity were … Continue reading
This week, one Mark Joseph Stern went on a rant in Slate.com, accusing intactivists of being a “fringe group” that is “drowning out any discussion of facts.” His piece is titled “How Circumcision Broke the Internet.” Of course, the reality … Continue reading
The Vancouver Pride Society has withdrawn its permission to allow intactivists to occupy a slot in this year’s parade. At the official unveiling of a city resolution in recognition of the Pride celebration, intactivists showed up to demonstrate and demand … Continue reading
In the kaleidiscope of pro-intact, anti-circumcision activism, or intactivism, the opportunities to influence the debate, the community and the parents of the children we are trying to protect are varied and straightforward. However, there can be perils, too. Whenever one … Continue reading