What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
- Oh Shit! Now I Have to Decide About Circumcision
- Before the Parade - Bay Area Intactivists
- Marching in the SF Pride Parade with Bay Area Intactivists
- SF Pride Day Festival - Bay Area Intactivists
- Beavis & Butthead Are Glad They Got Circumcised
- Sexist AAP Doctor Promotes Sexual Mutilation
- Circumvented Discussion - Slippery with a Glimmer of Ethics?
- Physical Integrity - It's A Simple Thing We're Asking
- TRY TO CUT ME NOW YOU FUCKING COWARDS!
- Who Wants to Have a Smaller Penis?
Tag Archives: Africa
CORTE MADERA: Bay Area Intactivists protest Tinderbox book tour with Daniel Halperin and Craig Timberg at Book Passage
In the above seven and a half minute video, an event spokesman expressed his nervousness about our presence and you can see Halperin himself as he arrives for the event. The Bay Area Intactivists organized a protest in Corte Madera … Continue reading
It seems so recent that I was shilling for funds to go to Rome for the AIDS 2011 conference. But it’s been almost a year since the beginning of that effort. Now AIDS 2012 is approaching and this time it’s … Continue reading
On the second day of the conference (as mentioned in an earlier post), we encountered a group of young Ugandan men who said they were researchers in the Rakai, Uganda, circumcision RCT. The self-assured, self-appointed spokesman for this group made … Continue reading
I perceived our interaction with the delegates who chose to come by our booth as mostly positive. A few wanted to argue. A few said they agreed with us, but felt powerless to oppose the juggernaut. Almost none knew anything … Continue reading
I have very little to say about Auvert’s new report from Orange Farm. It is unclear how sound these results are. I cannot begin to dissect them. I encourage those knowledgeable enough about the science to do so. The real … Continue reading