What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
- Intactivists Reveal Truth at SF Pride Festival
- Bloodstained Men & Friends Protest at Walnut Creek
- Cognitive Dissonance at Walnut Creek
- Michael Winnel Full Interview
- Genital Mutilation of Children and Violence
- Sexual Pleasure With a Foreskin, and Without
- Our First Intactivist Protest
- Circumcision: A Mother's Apology - 4 Years Later
- Doctor Repairs FGM and Supports Genital Integrity for ALL Children
- Sexual Pleasure & Circumcision Harm
Category Archives: Uncategorized
I’m starting a “best of” effort to import old posts from typepad.com. Scroll down for posts in the order they were originally published.
This blog, Male Circumcision and HIV, is going on hiatus indefinitely. The way the world interacts on issues of public health and culture is changing. This blog was started before twitter and facebook and the social revolution that characterizes online … Continue reading
In the kaleidiscope of pro-intact, anti-circumcision activism, or intactivism, the opportunities to influence the debate, the community and the parents of the children we are trying to protect are varied and straightforward. However, there can be perils, too. Whenever one … Continue reading
I had really good intentions of writing up something lengthy and thoughtful about the German court decision adjudging circumcision of helpless children assault. I intended to write something up on the Intact America/NOCIRC/Genital Autonomy conference in Finland next month. I … Continue reading