What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- Commedians Openly Criticising Circumcision
- Nurse Shames a Mom for Not Having Son Circumcised
- The Coronavirus and the Complexity of the Intactivist Movement
- RETURNING GUEST AUTHOR: COVID-19 Opportunity - A Call to Action
- New Educational Film On Circumcision Makes the Scene
- CORONAVIRUS: Elective Surgery Including Infant Circumcision Being Delayed
- DETROIT: FGM Now Legal in US
- The State of Affairs for Joseph4gi
- Twitter Censoring Joseph4GI
- The Benefits of Toe Removal
- Equal Rights for Boys
- Save the Next Generation
- Circumcision - Reinforces Harmful Stereotypes
- I Had To Witness A Circumcision
- Circumcision: Trauma, Psychological Effects, Cultural Beliefs
- Circumcision: Cultural & Media Bias, Long-term Psychological Effects
- Reliving Circumcision: Disruption of Infant Mother Bond, Effects on Relationships
- Circumcision: Taking Action, Cultural Denial and Media Censorship
- Jewish Circumcision Ritual and Jews Who Say No
- Circumcision: Trauma as Motivating Factor and Avoidance of Debate
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
Category Archives: Uncategorized
While mostly dormant, MC_HIV is still here. I’ll be publishing more old posts that sit in the draft folder (since the transition to WordPress from TypePad) over the coming days and weeks. Surprisingly (to me), this blog still gets 5-10 … Continue reading
I’m starting a “best of” effort to import old posts from typepad.com. Scroll down for posts in the order they were originally published.
This blog, Male Circumcision and HIV, is going on hiatus indefinitely. The way the world interacts on issues of public health and culture is changing. This blog was started before twitter and facebook and the social revolution that characterizes online … Continue reading
In the kaleidiscope of pro-intact, anti-circumcision activism, or intactivism, the opportunities to influence the debate, the community and the parents of the children we are trying to protect are varied and straightforward. However, there can be perils, too. Whenever one … Continue reading
I had really good intentions of writing up something lengthy and thoughtful about the German court decision adjudging circumcision of helpless children assault. I intended to write something up on the Intact America/NOCIRC/Genital Autonomy conference in Finland next month. I … Continue reading