What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- CORONAVIRUS: Elective Surgery Including Infant Circumcision Being Delayed
- DETROIT: FGM Now Legal in US
- The State of Affairs for Joseph4gi
- Twitter Censoring Joseph4GI
- The Benefits of Toe Removal
- Circumcision Status, Lube & Masturbation Twitter Poll Results
- PEPFAR: The Plot Thickens
- BREAKING: PEPFAR To Nix Infant Circumcision in Africa
- International Men's Day Issues: Circumcision
- Twitter "Circumcision Status and Death Grip" Poll Results
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
Category Archives: Uncategorized
While mostly dormant, MC_HIV is still here. I’ll be publishing more old posts that sit in the draft folder (since the transition to WordPress from TypePad) over the coming days and weeks. Surprisingly (to me), this blog still gets 5-10 … Continue reading
I’m starting a “best of” effort to import old posts from typepad.com. Scroll down for posts in the order they were originally published.
This blog, Male Circumcision and HIV, is going on hiatus indefinitely. The way the world interacts on issues of public health and culture is changing. This blog was started before twitter and facebook and the social revolution that characterizes online … Continue reading
In the kaleidiscope of pro-intact, anti-circumcision activism, or intactivism, the opportunities to influence the debate, the community and the parents of the children we are trying to protect are varied and straightforward. However, there can be perils, too. Whenever one … Continue reading
I had really good intentions of writing up something lengthy and thoughtful about the German court decision adjudging circumcision of helpless children assault. I intended to write something up on the Intact America/NOCIRC/Genital Autonomy conference in Finland next month. I … Continue reading