What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- Equal Rights for Boys, Girls and Intersexed Children
- USA: Doctors Can Get Away With Circumcising a Child by Mistake
- Daniel Barnz Mocks the French and Intact Men on HBO Max's "Generation"
- The Future of This Blog
- Parallels: Comparing Tattoos and Circumcision
- Straight From Facebook: Inside the Circumcision Room
- Parallels of Opposition to the Metric System and Male Intactness in America
- The Crimson Joins Harvard in Filing "Motion to Dismiss"
- Harvard Responds to Eric Clopper with a "Motion to Dismiss"
- September 2020 in a Nutshell
- Interview with Vladislav Sobolev - Hugs Over Masks
- Interview Vladislav Sobolev - Hugs Over Masks
- Vladislav Sobolev - Hugs Over Masks
- No New Normal Protest - Vancouver
- Ted Kuntz - Vancouver Freedom Rally
- A Celebration of Freedom! Vancouver - Sept 13/20
- Equal Rights for Boys
- Save the Next Generation
- Circumcision - Reinforces Harmful Stereotypes
- I Had To Witness A Circumcision
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
Category Archives: Medicine
For years, politicians and pundits have justified military spending and war to the skeptical civilian by the assertion that from these necessary evils spring new and life-changing civilian applicable technologies. No example is clearer than the internet itself. Whether the … Continue reading
Most people I worked with this last year will tell you it was a tough year for intactivism. Not all of the setbacks were caused by our opponents, either. There were missteps and unexpected unintended consequences resulting from a few … Continue reading
UPDATE: Download paper here. Int J Epidemiol. 2011 Jun 14. [Epub ahead of print] Male circumcision and sexual function in men and women: a survey-based, cross-sectional study in Denmark. Frisch M, Lindholm M, Grønbæk M. Source Department of Epidemiology Research, Statens … Continue reading
AMERICAN JOURNAL OF PREVENTIVE MEDICINE: Male Circumcision and HIV Prevention: Insufficient Evidence and Neglected External Validity
The American Journal of Preventive Medicine has recently published a discussion on the “external validity” of the three African randomized control trials that examined circumcision as a preventive measure for HIV infection. The nutshell version of this discussion is that … Continue reading
About a month ago, I attended the AAP annual conference in San Francisco at the invitation of Marilyn Milos to help out with the NOCIRC booth. I spent three days there with Marilyn, John Geisheker, and Steve Scott (NOCIRC-Utah) where … Continue reading