What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- Poetry Corner - Haiku
- Eric Clopper Needs Your Help
- Harvard Porn-Shames Employee for Anti-Circumcision Show
- Harvard Censors Intellect for Circumcision Play at Sanders Theatre
- Poetry Corner - Poor Little Guy
- Latest Pro-Circumcision Dismission Tactic: Accusations of "Mansplaining"
- ICELAND: Parliament May Cave to Pressure to Call Off Circumcision Restrictions
- Happy International Women’s Day Marilyn Milos
- CIRCUMCISION LEGISLATION: An Alternative to a Ban?
- TWITTER REPLY: "Female Circumcision Keeps Us Clean Down There"
- Dr. Antony Lempert - Ripples Across the Pond
- Genital Autonomy and the World - Steven Svoboda
- Frontline and Online: Intactivist Strategies of Resistance - Brother K
- Bloodstained Men & Friends March on Market Street
- Bloodstained Men - Pride Weekend Demonstration Ferry Building
- Jewish Mother Disturbed by Circumcision Policy
- Intactivists March for Jonathon Conte - 2016 SF Pride
- Male Circumcision Violates Physician's Fiduciary Duty to the Child
- Daughter of Circumcising Doctor Exposes Crimes Against Children
- Book Discussion - Circumcision: The Hidden Trauma
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
Category Archives: Medicine
Eight reasons why vaccination is not like circumcision: Vaccination confers immunity against specific diseases; even if the extravagant claims of its advocates were correct, circumcision could do no more than reduce the risk (and not by much). Nobody will become … Continue reading
Foregen is an organization attempting to pioneer regenerative techniques to be applied to foreskin restoration. They recently completed their first experiments. foregen is currently working with scientists at the University of Bologna’s School of Veterinary Medicine in Italy to fully … Continue reading
ATTORNEYS FOR THE RIGHTS OF THE CHILD: Charleston Debate Marks Turning Point in Movement to Recognize Circumcision as a Human Rights Violation
(Reprinted directly from ARCLaw.org with permission.) The Twentieth Pitts Lectureship in Medical Ethics at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, South Carolina, held on October 18-19, 2013, marked an awesome team win that activists for genital integrity were … Continue reading
The Bay Area Intactivists gives the American Academy of Pediatrics its SHAME Award in recognition of the AAP’s new pro-genital cutting policy statement. And then sad hilarity ensues.
There is no better or more concise take down of the AAP’s new (but not new) policy on circumcision of unconsenting male children. Or if there is, I haven’t seen it. Check it out. “Bottom line: the AAP does not recommend [routine] … Continue reading