What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- Facebook Censoring Intactivism
- FLORIDA: AdventHealth Uses Circumcision as Incentive for Heart of Florida Maternity Patients
- Poetry Corner - Mutilation
- Poetry Corner - What Say Ye? Oh Doctor?
- ITALY: Yet Another Circumcision Death
- Poetry Corner - To Me
- Poetry Corner - Circumcision Scar
- Poetry Corner - Lullaby For the Damned
- Circumcision Documentary Twitter Storm Continues
- Circumcision Documentary Making Waves on Netflix, Twitter
- Restoration Activism Healing
- Circumcision Regret Mother - Intactivist Daughter
- This Jewish Man Hates Being Cut
- Who Mutilates the Genitals of Children? Briana Oster - Precision Medical Solutions
- Becoming Informed About Circumcision
- Botched Circumcision - I'm Always Concerned About It
- Circumcision Psychosexual Wounding of Children
- Intact Men in a Penis Cutting Culture
- Baby Boy Nearly Bleeds to Death From Penis Cutting (Circumcision)
- Sugar Water & Nude Men in the Tenderloin
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
Category Archives: Medicine
Eight reasons why vaccination is not like circumcision: Vaccination confers immunity against specific diseases; even if the extravagant claims of its advocates were correct, circumcision could do no more than reduce the risk (and not by much). Nobody will become … Continue reading
Foregen is an organization attempting to pioneer regenerative techniques to be applied to foreskin restoration. They recently completed their first experiments. foregen is currently working with scientists at the University of Bologna’s School of Veterinary Medicine in Italy to fully … Continue reading
ATTORNEYS FOR THE RIGHTS OF THE CHILD: Charleston Debate Marks Turning Point in Movement to Recognize Circumcision as a Human Rights Violation
(Reprinted directly from ARCLaw.org with permission.) The Twentieth Pitts Lectureship in Medical Ethics at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, South Carolina, held on October 18-19, 2013, marked an awesome team win that activists for genital integrity were … Continue reading
The Bay Area Intactivists gives the American Academy of Pediatrics its SHAME Award in recognition of the AAP’s new pro-genital cutting policy statement. And then sad hilarity ensues.
There is no better or more concise take down of the AAP’s new (but not new) policy on circumcision of unconsenting male children. Or if there is, I haven’t seen it. Check it out. “Bottom line: the AAP does not recommend [routine] … Continue reading