What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- Circumcision Documentary Twitter Storm Continues
- Circumcision Documentary Making Waves on Netflix, Twitter
- DETROIT: Federal Ban on FGM Declared Unconstitutional
- Poetry Corner - Song Parody: "My Foreskin Home"
- American Circumcision: A Reaction to a Documentary on Circumcision in America
- Poetry Corner - Haiku
- Eric Clopper Needs Your Help
- Harvard Porn-Shames Employee for Anti-Circumcision Show
- Harvard Censors Intellect for Circumcision Play at Sanders Theatre
- Poetry Corner - Poor Little Guy
- Gulfport Mississippi - Day 10 Gulf Coast/AAP Circumcision Crisis Protest
- French Quarter New Orleans LA - Day 9 (Part 2) Circumcision Protest
- New Orleans LA Day 9 Circumcision Crisis Protest
- Baton Rouge LA - Day 8 Circumcision Crisis Protest
- Beaumont Texas - Day 7-Part 2 Circumcision Protest
- Beaumont Texas - Day 7 of 22 day Circumcision Crisis Protest
- Galveston Texas Day 6 - 22 day Gulf Coast/AAP Circumcision Crisis Protest
- Vagina Loves Foreskin Gliding
- Family Heritage - Penis Mutilation & Botched Circumcision
- Corpus Christi, Texas - Day 5 - Gulf Coast / AAP Circumcision Crisis Protest
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
Category Archives: Law
What’s a boy’s life worth to the family that will never see him grow up? Hard to say, but the risk of pursuing the real value of his life was deemed too great and the family settled for $230,000. Read … Continue reading
According to a recent blog post on the Houston Chronicle website, Texas stands to save $2.4 million if it drops medicaid coverage for infant circumcision. But will it? As a native, let me weigh in on this and say, ‘Bout … Continue reading
As a lawyer, I had to post this discussion by J. Steven Svoboda of the Attorneys for the Rights of the Child. I’ve always dreamed of a law practice where the focus is on helping victims of coerced or substandard … Continue reading
The American Academy of Pediatrics is moving backwards fast. It has now decided that female genital mutilation also known correctly and rightly as female circumcision (so as not to differentiate and distance it from male circumcision) is okay as long … Continue reading
The Telegraph reports that a lecturer in ethics at Glasgow University has published a paper in the journal Clinical Ethics, arguing that it is unethical to circumcise boys for no medical reason. Dr. David Shaw writes that a doctor who performs … Continue reading