What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
- Daughter of Circumcising Doctor Exposes Crimes Against Children
- Book Discussion - Circumcision: The Hidden Trauma
- Protest Medical Fraud & Child Abuse at Oshiro Pediatrics
- Forced Circumcision is a Gay Rights /Sexual Rights Issue
- Bellingham Bloodstained Men Demonstration
- Circumcision: A Boy's Perspective
- Botched Infant Circumcision - A Victim Speaks
- A Message for Parents-To-Be from Dr. George Denniston
- Oh Shit! Now I Have to Decide About Circumcision
- Before the Parade - Bay Area Intactivists
Category Archives: Events
Who can decline a card from a child? Brings a tear to my eye …
It seems so recent that I was shilling for funds to go to Rome for the AIDS 2011 conference. But it’s been almost a year since the beginning of that effort. Now AIDS 2012 is approaching and this time it’s … Continue reading
On the second day of the conference (as mentioned in an earlier post), we encountered a group of young Ugandan men who said they were researchers in the Rakai, Uganda, circumcision RCT. The self-assured, self-appointed spokesman for this group made … Continue reading
There is still more to come on the IAS 2011 conference in Rome. Stay tuned. Meanwhile, the video below was captured at the San Francisco Pride Festival this year. This one goes from an Auschwitz survivor angrily turning over the … Continue reading
I perceived our interaction with the delegates who chose to come by our booth as mostly positive. A few wanted to argue. A few said they agreed with us, but felt powerless to oppose the juggernaut. Almost none knew anything … Continue reading