Media reports have talked about the post circumcision satisfaction report. I saw the poster presentation which is provided below. My sense was that the report was so skewed towards better everything post-circumcision that it verged on parody. The participants in the Orange Farm area of South Africa were responding to the expectations of the researchers, their community and family. That is to say, having received community and family pressure, and support to be circumcised and knowing this survey sought to provide proof that circumcision is harmless or even improves their sexual well-being, they responded according to the expectations they perceived, which means they were almost universally positive. It’s unclear what other inducements were provided, but it is more than clear that cutting off the most erogenous part of the human penis is not likely to provide the results reported.
What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
- "The smaller the boy, the weaker his rights." - Tuomas Kurttila
- Circumcision - A Mother's Deep Regret
- American Circumcision - Visualization to Validation
- American Circumcision - Interviewing Brian Morris
- American Circumcision - Five Years in the Making
- American Circumcision Movie - Telling the Story
- CIRCUMCISION is MEDICAL FRAUD - AFRICANS FIGHT BACK
- Mom Pressured to Circumcise Baby - Very Glad She Didn't
- Making American Circumcision - Informed Consent
- Circumcision Movie - Complex Subject