What’s a boy’s life worth to the family that will never see him grow up? Hard to say, but the risk of pursuing the real value of his life was deemed too great and the family settled for $230,000. Read the rest of the story here.
What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting
- Even to Offer Circumcision of Children is Unethical
- Millions Don't Know That This Exists
- "I Feel Maimed and I Feel Mutilated"
- Vegan Activist for Body Integrity
- Boys Are Born Perfect!
- Young Man Speaks Out Against Male Genital Mutilation
- How You Can Help End Intersex Genital Mutilation
- Anastasia - I Am Intersex
- Mother Assaulted Daughter For Refusing to Circumcise Son
- Young Woman: Not Appropriate to Cut Infants