I used to be in an abusive relationship. While it wasn’t one that I sought out, neither was it one I sought to escape. You see, through all the beat downs and late nights in the ER, I found there were fringe benefits that came with the black eyes, broken teeth, and lost time from work. For example, I learned that I had syphilis once while they were stitching up my left eye one particularly late evening. One particular hospital I ended up in had a really great program where they tested everyone who came through their doors for diabetes, screened for heart disease, and even gave tips on a proper diet. It was great. For me, getting my ass beat regularly was the best way to ensure that I actually got the medical services I wouldn’t or couldn’t get otherwise. I think of all the screening and treatment for conditions I didn’t know I had as a fringe benefit of my abusive relationship. If I hadn’t gotten beat, I wouldn’t have accessed services and learned just how off the charts my cholesterol was. Thank you, abusive spouse. Me and my health are gonna miss you.
What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- Equal Rights for Boys, Girls and Intersexed Children
- USA: Doctors Can Get Away With Circumcising a Child by Mistake
- Daniel Barnz Mocks the French and Intact Men on HBO Max's "Generation"
- The Future of This Blog
- Parallels: Comparing Tattoos and Circumcision
- Straight From Facebook: Inside the Circumcision Room
- Parallels of Opposition to the Metric System and Male Intactness in America
- The Crimson Joins Harvard in Filing "Motion to Dismiss"
- Harvard Responds to Eric Clopper with a "Motion to Dismiss"
- September 2020 in a Nutshell
- Interview with Vladislav Sobolev - Hugs Over Masks
- Interview Vladislav Sobolev - Hugs Over Masks
- Vladislav Sobolev - Hugs Over Masks
- No New Normal Protest - Vancouver
- Ted Kuntz - Vancouver Freedom Rally
- A Celebration of Freedom! Vancouver - Sept 13/20
- Equal Rights for Boys
- Save the Next Generation
- Circumcision - Reinforces Harmful Stereotypes
- I Had To Witness A Circumcision
- FLORIDA: Last charge dropped against mother of spite-circumcised son
- ZIMBABWE: Youth tries to cut off his own foreskin after being teased
- CHILE: Officials oppose 'normalisation' surgery of intersex children
- EASTERN CAPE: Death Toll at 23
- MALAYSIA: Boy loses penis-head in botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Boy faces loss of his penis after botched medical cutting
- KENYA: Knife-rapists go door-to-door
- EASTERN CAPE: 9 male genital cutting deaths so far this season
- JAKARTA: Why female genital cutting is so common in Indonesia
- COPENHAGEN: Danish doctors come out against infant male genital cutting