What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- UNITED NATIONS: Genital cutting called "child abuse" - but only of girls
- UGANDA, KENYA: ARVs and education send HIV down, genital cutting gets credit
- WINDHOEK, NAMIBIA: Men are resisting genital cutting
- COPENHAGEN: Government claims it is a human right to cut (male) babies' genitals
- JERUSALEM: Metzitzah: Two boys contract herpes
- CAIRO: Girl dies after genital cutting
- WASHINGTON, DC: Bill protects boy-baby-genital-cutting, ritual slaughter as "religious freedom"
- ZIMBABWE: 14-year-old dies from genital cutting in hospital
- ILLINOIS: American Academy of Pediatrics backs down, a bit, sort of.
- LONDON: Secular Doctors hail Exeter ruling
- Circumcision - A Mother's Deep Regret
- American Circumcision - Visualization to Validation
- American Circumcision - Interviewing Brian Morris
- American Circumcision - Five Years in the Making
- American Circumcision Movie - Telling the Story
- CIRCUMCISION is MEDICAL FRAUD - AFRICANS FIGHT BACK
- Mom Pressured to Circumcise Baby - Very Glad She Didn't
- Making American Circumcision - Informed Consent
- Circumcision Movie - Complex Subject
- Circumcision - Tribal Belonging & Identity