The Vancouver Pride Society has withdrawn its permission to allow intactivists to occupy a slot in this year’s parade. At the official unveiling of a city resolution in recognition of the Pride celebration, intactivists showed up to demonstrate and demand reinstatement.
What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- KENYA: Chief charged with cutting daughters
- MALAWI: Older men are not buying circumcision...
- UGANDA: Myths about circumcision help spread HIV
- ZIMBABWE: Men are not buying circumcision...
- ZIMBABWE: ...so they're doing it to babies
- SOUTH AFRICA: Hitman shot bride for circumcision fee
- EUROPE: Council of Ministers support underage circumcision
- WOOLWICH, UK: Bogus nurse who nearly killed boy jailed
- SOUTH CAROLINA: Intersex child castration case to proceed
- BEIJING: Man kills his circumciser
- I Have To Protect My Son
- Ethical Nurse Refuses to Assist Infant Circumcisions
- Do You Want A Baby Card?
- Man Researches Circumcision and Becomes Intactivist
- Genital Autonomy Demonstration in DC
- African Circumcision Campaign - Who Wants Less Penis?
- Circumcision - America's Disgrace!
- Breaking the Silence About Circumcision
- Sexual Freedom Activist - Jussi Nissenen
- Lana's Birth Story