What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- NORWAY: Doctors defy law, refuse to cut
- SWAZILAND: Ingatja Men Reject Circumcision on Cultural Grounds
- TURKEY: $250,000 payout for botched cut
- MIAMI: Proposed cutting of 4-year-old spurs protests
- LONDON: Doctor charged with cutting woman after childbirth
- TANZANIA: Girls cut after leaving refuge - one father arrested
- KENYA: Wife sends whole village to publicly cut husband
- ATLANTA, GA: Most of 2000 responses to CDC proposal are anti
- LEEDS, UK: "Male cutting worse than some female cutting" - Judge
- NEW YORK: Metzitzah: Rockland adopts own protocol
- Sexual Abuse of Boys - Circumcision
- Doctors Opposing Circumcision
- The Psychology of Circumcision Communication & Social Change
- Scientist Denounces Flawed Studies Used by CDC to Promote Circumcision
- Pediatricians and Circumcision of Children: Secrecy and Shame
- Pediatrician Violates Boys and Supports LGBT Rights
- Pediatrician Considers an Ethical Stance to Protect Children
- Baby Cock Cutters For Hire
- Ethical Pediatrician Revolted by Circumcision of Children
- Dr Ghoul - Only a Monster Could Cut a Baby