EDIT: This year (2013), CAN-FAP and other intactivists were denied a place in the Vancouver Pride celebration (parade and festival). But in 2011 (the date this post was originally published and the date of the time stamp it retains), they were novel and new and very much welcomed. Take a trip back.
What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- NEW YORK: Metzitzah: Court considers if consent form requirement needs strict scrutiny
- MALAWI: Artist slams mass circumcision
- MALAWI: Adventists query circumcision messages
- SOUTH AFRICA: Israeli circumcision device boycotted
- SOUTH AFRICA: Men refuse, so babies to be cut
- NEW YORK: Metzitzah: Two mohelim stopped after babies get herpes
- MALAWI: World Bank funds genital cutting
- KENYA: 12 men circum-raped
- UGANDA: "Circumcision reduces risks behaviour" - study (and wakes you in the morning with a nice cup of tea)
- SOUTH AFRICA: "Circumcising Men Cuts HIV Risk Among Women" - study
- Surgery Technologist and R.N. Discuss Circumcision
- Intersex - My Body, My Rights!
- Let Him Keep His Whole Penis!
- Circumcision - Your Legal Rights
- Doctor Denounces Circumcision of Children
- Jewish Mother Works for an End to Circumcision
- Psychiatrist Discusses the Lasting Trauma of Circumcision
- The final cut: What parents should know about circumcision and why it’s wrong
- Non-Circumcising Families in the Jewish Community
- Bloodstained Protest in Denver