What’s a boy’s life worth to the family that will never see him grow up? Hard to say, but the risk of pursuing the real value of his life was deemed too great and the family settled for $230,000. Read the rest of the story here.
What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- MALAYSIA: Prime Minister Razak wants to export cutting technology
- UGANDA: Boy, 4, botches DIY cutting of younger boy
- RWANDA: Boy dies, another has fistula after cutting
- KENYA: Police search for 17 girl-cutters
- TANZANIA: 120 girls flee cutting
- FLORIDA: Appellate court won't halt circumcision for 4-year-old
- WASHINGTON DC: FDA appproves Gardasil-9
- ZAMBIA: Woman attempts to cut son with razor blade
- SOUTH AFRICA: Three arrested; youths in critical condition
- KENYA: 12 men forcibly circumcised
- The Psychology of Circumcision Communication & Social Change
- Scientist Denounces Flawed Studies Used by CDC to Promote Circumcision
- Pediatricians and Circumcision of Children: Secrecy and Shame
- Pediatrician Violates Boys and Supports LGBT Rights
- Pediatrician Considers an Ethical Stance to Protect Children
- Baby Cock Cutters For Hire
- Ethical Pediatrician Revolted by Circumcision of Children
- Dr Ghoul - Only a Monster Could Cut a Baby
- Circumciser Tries and FAILS to Defend Violating Children
- Bloodstained Men Protest AAP Child Abuse