What’s a boy’s life worth to the family that will never see him grow up? Hard to say, but the risk of pursuing the real value of his life was deemed too great and the family settled for $230,000. Read the rest of the story here.
What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- EASTERN CAPE: Nine boys lose penises in botched circumcisions
- BRAZIL, MEXICO, USA: Circumcision does not protect against HPV
- JERUSALEM: Baby in hospital after circumcision
- TENNESSEE: Clinic uncooperative after botched circumcision
- OSLO: "Norway will never outlaw circumcision" - Foreign Minister
- NEW YORK: World Jewish Congress opposes Swedish and Danish doctors
- NEW YORK: Metzitzah: Another baby gets herpes
- STRASBOURG: Circumcision "a child's rights issue"
- EASTERN CAPE: Doctor who showed botched circumcisions defended, attacked
- SYDNEY: Man charged with taking baby girl to Jakarta for genital cutting
- Circumcision - America's Disgrace!
- Breaking the Silence About Circumcision
- Sexual Freedom Activist - Jussi Nissenen
- Lana's Birth Story
- CIRCUMSTITIONS - Hugh Young
- Student Nurse Wins Ethics Award
- Elizabeth Noble - The Joy of Being a Boy
- Emily's Story of Intactivism
- Shelley Wright - On the Boardwalk
- Circumcision - Men Do Complain