What’s a boy’s life worth to the family that will never see him grow up? Hard to say, but the risk of pursuing the real value of his life was deemed too great and the family settled for $230,000. Read the rest of the story here.
What is an intactivist?
1. an especially active, vigorous advocate of children's rights, especially the right to genital integrity or the right to be free from genital cutting (circumcision).
2. of or pertaining to intactivism or intactivists: an intactivist organization for the right of male, female, and intersex children to be free from genital cutting.
3. advocating for children by vigorously opposing genital cutting (circumcision), especially the cutting of children who lack capacity to consent: Intactivist opponents of the American Academy of Pediatrics picketed their annual conference in New Orleans.
- ZIMBABWE: Sex workers shun circumcised men - "They take too long"
- LEICESTER, UK: Psychiatrist may be struck off for unauthorised circumcisions
- KENYA: Amnesty for female genital cutter after girl's death
- UGANDA: Prostitutes take more risks with cut men
- MALAWI: "Voluntary" circumcision to replace force?
- KENYA: Circumcision Secretariat Closes
- KENYA: Another man circum-raped
- SOUTH AFRICA: Prepex device not suspended
- KENYA: 200 flee forced circumcision
- UGANDA: Museveni wants "old style" circumcision shunned
- Bloodstained Protest AAP Harming Children
- AAP Sexually Violates Children and the Adults they Become
- Circumcision: All About Profit
- Bloodstained in Seattle
- Circumcision and Body Shame
- "Babies Can Endure Way More Pain Than a Grown Adult"
- Circumcision Protest Reaching Critical Mass
- Tinkerbell's Tantrum
- Forced Body Modification?
- Renowned Psychologist Condemns Child Circumcision